Royal Rabbit Vineyards 2024 Medieval Celebration
May 18, 2024 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
On 05/18/2024 from 12-6, Come my Lords and Ladies to northern Maryland and make merry at beautiful Royal Rabbit Vineyards and be transported to a Semik(Green Week ) Celebration in the time of Olga of Kiev when Kiev was a key city in the far flung Kiev Rus Empire. In Addition to feats of great fighting prowess in armored combat and other demonstrations. There will be chances for you to participate in this ancient festival still celebrated today. There will be singing and laughter and wine, yes lots of delicious wine.
Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy a day in another time! Cool off in our misting pavilion
- Activities (more to come)
- Tournament Armored Combat )
- Costume Contest
- Tavern Song Contest
- A variety of Demos
- Garland making & hanging on birch trees ( optional donation to World Central Kitchen for Ukraine)
- Pour wine on the Birch trees for luck (optional donation to World Central Kitchen Ukraine)
- Put Flowers in your hair and Join the Processions by Walikig with the Gaik (a birch or evergreen stick or wreath with ribbons attached for the processors) done to herald in spring
- Kostroma is a fertility Goddess whose effigy will burned to ensure the fertility of the soil.
- Pledges of Friendship will be done before birches.
Food, Music & Entertainment
• Kingdom of Acre (Medieval Scenarios and Recreations)-Demos &Entertainment
• Barony of Bright Hills(Kingdom of Atlantia – Society Of Creative Anachronism) -Demos &Entertainment
To Be Announced
More to Come